Friday, July 07, 2006

well. now that i have all the time in the world.

firstly, i've researched a bit about shingles.. well whats important is that its not contagious, as in u cant catch it from somebody else, and hits you when ur immune system is down, which was probably the case for me. the rash is on my back and chest, and onli infects one side of ur body, so thats why i looked normal in sch. other than that, its supposed to be really bad; the rest of the symptoms u can go read up yourself :P

the pain is starting to set in now.. for the past few days it felt like backache or smth.. and i just suspected it cud be heat rash or something.

well anyway, called the sch front office this morning, and they didnt have mr bill chia's hp no. so i dunno how the message got across. around 9am mdm gina ong called me, found out i had a 7 day mc and was going to miss the rest of the papers, and seemed rather like.. dun care haha. the conversation ended with.. rest well, bye. no news about how im going to make up or what. well liddat, its better for me not to know.. so i have less stress. lol.

anyway, i can really see the hand of God working here.. i'm someone who likes to plan and plan and plan. i've had a plan to finish studying on time, with everyday's percentages of subject material finished studying recorded in my diary. last night, i planned to completely finish revising maths, by going through my entire maths file of notes and practising one last question for every topic. i planned that i would sleep at around 11pm, and wake up with sub-standard sleep but still have enough energy to do 2 papers.

but yesterday at the doctor's clinic, i was kind of in disbelief when he told me i'm not allowed to even study. the whole table of planned values for the following week shattered. well hence Isaiah 55:8. anyway its what anyone would want right? even the doctor tells you not to study, when that remark made by ur friends is just a joke.

my mind is now free again. Matthew 11:28, one of my favourite verses says: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' well i feel that i've indeed received rest now, rest for my mind even though my body is battered. and also 2 Cor. 12:9, "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." sometimes we just need to be slapped really hard so that we will realise something. i'm glad i'm so sick now.. cos that means i have more time to rest, a reason to change, and also more time for God.

James tells us in his book chapter 1:2, to 'Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,' well i guess this is one of the trials that has brought me joy.

all of you still having common tests, dun give up. remember these verses and i hope you all will stay strong!!

and im glad that the animosity is slowly getting better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home